A happy 4th of July from us at the Hartford Gay and Lesbian Health Collective! Have a safe, fun holiday. Here’s a few health and safety tips:
- If it’s hot, be sure to stay hydrated and in the shade. Wear sunscreen and reapply as directed.
- The safest way to see fireworks is to attend a public, professionally run show. CT Visit has a list of public fireworks displays in Connecticut.
- When attending cookouts or picnics, practice good food safety protocols. The FDA has tips on food safety for outdoor eating.
- If you have children, as always, keep a close eye on them, especially around water, grills, and fire pits.
- Many folks drink alcohol on holidays. If you choose to do so, be sure to moderate your drinking, hydrate and eat between drinks, and never, ever drive while intoxicated.
- As of July 1, 2021, marijuana consumption is legal for adults in Connecticut. Like alcohol, if you choose to use marijuana, do so in moderation, do not drive while high, and know the rules.
- COVID-19 rates are very low in Connecticut right now, so let’s keep it that way – if you have not yet been vaccinated, be sure to wear a mask around other unvaccinated people. Read the current CDC guidelines on masks.
Stay safe and have fun!