Did you know bi+ folks make up the largest group within the LGBTQ+ community? Yet, they face some of the largest health disparities. There are many factors, including stigma against bi+ people, lack of funding and resources, and bi+ erasure both within and outside of the LGBTQ+ community.
How can YOU change this? Here are some actions you can take!
- Speak up about anti-bi+ stigma and bi erasure.
- Think about your own biases and what you can do to change them.
- Post on social media about bi+ issues.
- Educate yourself on bi+ topics.
- Support your bi+ friends and family in seeking competent, inclusive healthcare.
Here are some health resources for bi+ folks:
LGBTQ+ National Hotline: 888-843-4564
The Bisexual-Aware Professionals Directory
Bisexual Resource Center – biresource.org
The Network/La Red – tnlr.org