“The Hartford Gay & Lesbian Health Collective empowers individuals of diverse sexual orientations, gender identities and gender expressions to lead healthy lives through the provision of health and support services, education and advocacy.”
The Hartford Gay and Lesbian Health Collective will apply the following values as it carries out its mission:
- We are committed to providing client centered quality services and programs consistent with professionally accepted standards of care.
- We celebrate and embrace the commonalities and differences of all persons touched by our organization.
- We treat all persons with dignity and respect.
- We encourage and support professional growth and development.
- We strive to create and maintain a physically and emotionally safe and inclusive environment that runs seamlessly through all aspects of our programs and services.
- We aspire to be a positive and influential leader in all aspects of our service to the community.
- We are advocates for mental and physical health in our community and encourage and support all in making healthy choices for their lives.
The Hartford Gay & Lesbian Health Collective empowers individuals of diverse sexual orientations, gender identities and gender expressions to lead healthy lives through the provision of health and support services, education and advocacy.
The Hartford Gay & Lesbian Health Collective will continually address, anticipate and respond to the comprehensive health needs of people of diverse sexual orientations, gender identities and gender expressions in Connecticut, while maintaining a financially stable and viable organization.
Founded in 1983 by volunteer health professionals and supporters and incorporated in 1986, The Hartford Gay & Lesbian Health Collective, Inc. (HGLHC), has become an organization with full and part-time staff and over 100 volunteers contributing thousands of hours annually.
Since its inception, the hallmark of the Hartford Gay and Lesbian Health Collective has been the provision of quality services by professional and highly skilled staff and volunteers in a safe and welcoming environment, free of judgmental attitudes or prejudice.
The Hartford Gay and Lesbian Health Collective currently provides medical services, dental services, support groups, and health education tailored to the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer communities, but serves clients of all genders and gender identities, sexual orientations, ages and ethnicities. The Hartford Gay and Lesbian Health Collective is especially proud of its services to people living with HIV/AIDS. We touch the lives of thousands of people every year.
HGLHC is and will continue to be an advocate for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender issues and is proud to maintain a prominent presence at community meetings, events and other venues where issues of relevance to HGLHC’s constituency are discussed, decided or celebrated.
Dr. Kevin Hall, DMD
Medical Services Coordinator
Director, HIV Prevention
HIV Prevention Specialist
Client Services Assistant
Deon Milardo, RN
Thank you to current and former board members!
- Curtis Rodriguez-Porter III, President
- Ronald Funaro, Jr., Vice President
- Andrew Wrobel, Secretary
- Richard Kimball, Treasurer
- Joseph DeMaio
- Tara C. Kennedy
- Dale Hoyt
- Lawrence Samuel Young III
- Nicholas Sheridan
- Jason Zaino
Serving on the board carries great responsibility. If you are interested in helping shape the future of the Health Collective, please contact us.