Meet our dentist Dr. Kevin Hall, Ruth Murray, and hygienist Marvis Anthony.
We take dental insurance, offer Ryan White dental services, and have a sliding fee scale for self-pay patients.
Services Offered include:
- Exams and cleanings
- Root planing
- Referrals to specialists
- Oral Cancer Testing
We test for and treat a variety of common STIs (sexually transmitted diseases or infections). These include gonorrhea (the “clap”) and chlamydia in the throat or rectum – places that urine-only tests won’t detect it!
In addition to STI/HIV testing, we provide sexual wellness visits, including Pap tests, breast exams, and education.
Offered in Routine Sexual Health Visit / STD Visit:
- HIV (Rapid)
- HIV (Lab-Based 4th Generation: Antibody and P24 Antigen)
- Chlamydia (3-site testing: Oral, Urine, and Rectal)
- Gonorrhea (3-site testing: Oral, Urine, and Rectal)
- Syphilis (VDRL and RPR by Lab Test)
- Hepatitis B Infection (Antigen)
- Hepatitis B immunity (Antibody)
- Hepatitis C
If Symptoms or Otherwise Indicated:
- Syphilis (Rapid Antibody Test)
- Urine Testing (Urinalysis)
- Urine culture
- Mycoplasma genitalium (Mgen)
- Active Herpes 1 and 2 infection / outbreaks (swab)
- Herpes 1 and 2 antibody testing (latent infection)
- Trichomonas (T. vaginalis)
- Enhanced male and Female urethritis panels
- Pre-PrEP screening testing including CBC, metabolic panels, creatinine clearance
- HIV confirmatory testing (viral load, CD4 / CD8) – only offered to newly infected patients
- Oral HPV
- Rectal Pap and HPV Testing
- Cervical Pap and HPV Testing
- Bacterial Vaginosis
- Yeast infection
- Genital warts
- Standard STD Visit: $50 + Recommended Donation of $50
- Vaccine Administration: $15
- STD Treatment / Medication: $50
- HPV Vaccine for >46 or if not eligible for State-funded vaccine: Market Rate
- Hepatitis Vaccine if ineligible for State-funded vaccine: Market Rate
- Not all tests shown above may be included in the standard STD visit,
Not all tests shown above may be included in the standard STD visit.
Some lab fees may be covered by health insurance.
At this time, we do NOT accept health insurance. Our fee is $50 for STD services.
We can help you get PrEP (Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis) to prevent HIV!
There are currently three medications that have been approved in the US for PrEP: Truvada, Descovy, and Apretude.
If you do not have health insurance, or have high co-pays, there are a number of options to help you get and stay on the PrEP medication.
FREE Condoms and Safer-Sex Supplies
PrEP and U=U (undetectable = untransmittable) reduce the risk of contracting HIV from unprotected sex, but STDs keep hitting records levels year after year.
“New” STDs like Mycoplasma genitalium (“Mgen”) are also being seen more often.
Condoms help protect against most STDs and HIV.
We also strongly recommend getting the Gardasil vaccine to prevent throat, penis, anus and cervical cancer.
MPowerment is a social and educational group for men who love men ages 18-35. Meet other gay and bi guys, learn about sexual health, and plan fun social activities.
We’ve been running MPowerment at HGLHC since 2008.
We generally meet every 2nd and 4th Tuesday at 7pm. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
Safety and Confidentiality
While Mpowerment isn’t a support group, we want to make sure everyone feels safe and comfortable.
Meetings are confidential, and we ask that you don’t come to an event or meeting with high, drunk, or have drugs, alcohol or weapons, and that you don’t record meetings or take pictures of anyone without their consent.
Upcoming Meetings and Events
We offer both rapid (20-minute) and lab-based confidential HIV testing. If you need a copy of your test results, you can log in to your PatientFusion account 24/7 for a copy!
We encourage you to get tested for STIs (sexually transmitted infections or diseases) at the same time.
Info & Referrals
Looking for a LGBT-friendly doctor or other professional?
We maintain an extensive database of providers in the greater Hartford area.
Call us at 860-278-4163!
We educate one on one and in group settings about staying healthy, both at our facility and in the community.
We provide education to the broader community helping to dispel myths about LGBT people and people living with HIV/AIDS. These efforts contribute to the elimination of hate and discrimination.
Sample Topics include:
- LGBTQ+ Cultural Competency
- Inclusive Sex Ed 101
- Accessing healthcare for LGBTQ+ Youth
People Living with HIV and AIDS
The Hartford Gay and Lesbian Health Collective offers services for people living with HIV/AIDS at our Hartford location and our Manchester locations.
- Connections to medical care, dental Services, and case management
- food pantry
- hot meals
- support groups
- ….and more!