We are a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Donating to HGLHC helps support our clients and services, and may be tax-deductible!
To donate securely online, please visit https://hglhc.square.site/
To donate by check, please send to:
PO Box 2094
Hartford, CT 06145
If you are interested in bequeathing all or part of your estate, please contact Linda Estabrook, Executive Director.
Last year, over 100 people provided their volunteer assistance to the Hartford Gay & Lesbian Health Collective in some capacity.
We simply could not provide our full range of services and programs without the dedicated assistance of our many volunteers. We’re always looking for more committed individuals to get involved. This could be your opportunity to meet new people, help provide valuable services to the community, give back to the community and have fun!
Click to download an HGLHC Volunteer Application (PDF format) to mail in. For more information, please contact Dan Millett at 860-278-4163.
We currently have volunteer needs in the following areas
- Licensed medical providers, such as nurses, physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician’s assistants. (Time: 4 Hours Per Month).
- Front desk registration clerks and HIV testers/counselors to help staff our clinics. (Time: 4 Hours Per Month).
- Outreach Assistants to staff the HGLHC information table at PRIDE, health fairs and other community events. (Time: 4-6 Hours Per Month)
- Board Members who are committed to the mission of the Hartford Gay and Lesbian Health Collective. (Time: 8+ Hours Per Month)
- Special Events Assistants to assist in planning and/or implementing fundraising, social and other events, such as One Big Event and Queer Prom. (Time: 5 Hours Per Month)
- Administrative Assistants to assist with reception, data entry, and general office work. (Time: 5 – 10 Hours Per Month)
No prior experience is needed for non-medical volunteers. Volunteers must be at least 18 years old. Specific training will be provided.
The Board of Directors provides overall direction and guidance to the Hartford Gay & Lesbian Health Collective (HGLHC), including formulating policy and raising funds to support the agency.
The three legally defined duties that must be met as the board carries out its governing role are Duties of Care, Loyalty and Obedience. The Board of Directors is the legal decision-making entity of HGLHC and board members are responsible for their decisions.
- Duty of Care – Requires that a board member act as any prudent person would in a like circumstance. This requires that a board member be diligent, attentive and informed.
- Duty of Loyalty – Requires that a board member act in good faith and in the best interest of the organization. Duty of loyalty ensures procedural safeguards when there is a conflict of interest, such as when a board member is on both sides of a transaction.
- Duty of Obedience – Ensures that the organization operates (1) in keeping with the laws and rules governing its formation and status and (2) in accordance with its own bylaws and mission.
Serving on the board carries great responsibility. If you are interested in helping shape the future of the Health Collective, please contact us.
We also offer internships to those seeking an exciting, challenging position helping the LGBTQ+ and wider community. Internships may be accepted for academic credit or personal enrichment. Please contact us for more information.